The journey includes:
- Visit of the Rhum house and tasting
- Visit of the artisanal sugar mill
- Visit the Anthuriums and Vanilla Green House with an 8 mins film watch of the making process
- Visit the botanical and spices garden
Saint Aubin to discover a colonial house built in 1819. It was the residence of the individual directors of the sugar estate, before being renovated in the 90s. This place has beentransformed into a table d'hôte meals and offers typical Mauritian-based regional product. The property produces sugar caneused to make sugar but also the delicious rum you can follow the production at the distillery.
At "La Maison de la Vanille", you will discover the long process of transformation of this orchid: flowers of the clove scented.
The Tea Route is a rewarding journey to the heart of a traditional Mauritius.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance at Rhumerie de Chamarel and rum tasting
- Entrance at Saint Aubin and rum tasting
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Drinks & Beverages
- Russian, English, German & Chinese guide available on request
- Bookings need to be made at least 72 hours in advance
- Pick-up times vary depending on hotel location
- Open: Monday - Saturday